The staff of Little Acorns Pre-school are able to take action to apply first aid treatment in the event of an accident involving a child or adult. All members of staff hold a current first aid certificate. The first aid qualification includes first aid training for infants and young children. We aim to ensure that first aid training is approved and is relevant to staff caring for young children.
The first aid kit
Our first aid kit is accessible at all times, complies with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981
and contains the following items:
* Triangular bandages (ideally at least one should be sterile) x 4.
* Sterile dressings:
* Small x 3.
* Medium x 3.
* Large x 3.
* Composite pack containing 20 assorted (individually-wrapped) plasters x 1.
* Sterile eye pads (with bandage or attachment) e.g. No 16 dressing x 2.
* Container of 6 safety pins x 1.
* Guidance card as recommended by HSE x 1.