Health and Safety General Standards
Our setting believes that the health and safety of children is of paramount importance. We make our setting a safe and healthy place for children, parents, staff and volunteers.
* We aim to make children, parents, staff and volunteers aware of health and safety issues and to minimise the hazards and risks to enable the children to thrive in a healthy and safe environment.
* Our member of staff responsible for health and safety is: JANE FIELDER-WHITE. She is competent to carry out these responsibilities.
* She has undertaken health and safety training and regularly updates her knowledge and understanding.
* We display the necessary health and safety poster in: THE MAIN ROOM
We have public liability insurance and employers' liability insurance. The certificate for public liability insurance is displayed in: NOTICE BOARD IN OFFICE
* Our induction training for staff and volunteers includes a clear explanation of health and safety issues, so that all adults are able to adhere to our policy and procedures as they understand their shared responsibility for health and safety. The induction training covers matters of employee well-being, including safe lifting and the storage of potentially dangerous substances.